This is for information purposes only, please see our full disclaimer at the end of this article.
As you prepare for a legal case, you may be wondering what types of documents a process server can serve. A process server is a person who delivers legal documents to notify someone of their involvement in a legal proceeding. Here is a list of the types of documents a process server can serve:
- Subpoenas: These are legal documents that require a person to appear in court or produce documents for a trial.
- Writs: These are court orders that require someone to do or stop doing something.
- Orders: These are legal documents that require a person to appear in court and explain why a specific action should or should not be taken.
- Petitions: These are requests for a court to take a specific action, such as granting a divorce or changing a child custody arrangement.
- Ohio eviction notices: These are legal notices that landlords can use to begin the eviction process against a tenant who has violated the terms of their lease agreement.
- Temporary restraining orders: These are court orders that provide immediate protection for a person who is being threatened or harmed by another person.
- Child custody orders: These are legal documents that establish the custody and visitation rights of parents in relation to their children.
- Divorce: These are legal documents that formally end a marriage and address issues such as property division, spousal support, and child custody.
- Dissolutions: These are legal documents that provide a less adversarial way to end a marriage compared to a traditional divorce.
- Wage garnishments: These are court orders that require an employer to withhold a portion of an employee’s wages to pay off a debt.
- Judgement debtor exam orders: These are legal documents that require a debtor to answer questions under oath about their assets and financial situation to determine how they can pay off a debt owed to a creditor.
We regularly serve Franklin, Delaware, Knox, Licking, Marion, Morrow, and Union counties in Ohio. However, we can serve other counties by request. If you need legal papers served in Ohio, RVB Services, LLC is here to help.
To get started, simply click here to access our intake form. We will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your needs and provide you with a quote for our services.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the information provided on this website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. We are not a law firm and do not provide legal representation or advice. The information on this website is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. If you have questions about the court system in your area or need legal assistance, we strongly recommend that you consult with an attorney. We do not endorse or recommend any particular attorney, law firm, or legal service. The use of this website or any information contained herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this website, and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions. Use of this website is at your own risk.